Monday, March 26, 2012

My Meal Between Meals


Before coming to my Writ 1133 class today, I stopped by Nagel to grab a bit to eat. Although I had already eaten previous to my French class earlier today, I felt the need to get a little something extra. As I scoped out the choices I decided on having spicy rotisserie chicken with a side of mac and cheese and two, I repeat two slices of watermelon. As I opened my to go box I realized that my watermelon was touching my spicy chicken and that was just not ok. I sat down at a little three-person table and engulfed the spicy breast of chicken, with each bit being accented by a cheesy macaroni taste. As I got towards the end of the breast I lost interest and decided to discard the rest of it and take my watermelon to go. While walking to class I was preoccupied by the delicious succulent taste of the watermelon and lost track of time. When I looked back at my watch after finishing the two pieces of watermelon I was already five minutes behind schedule and had to book it to my Writing Class. Although I didn’t get to fully enjoy the leisurely walk to Sturm from Nagel, the taste of the two ripe cut pieces of watermelon still lingers in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment